gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons-configuration fails
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 05:03:59 GMT
On 2011-02-24, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

> Any specific doc I can take a look to fix my problem ?

I'm afraid there isn't any, we don't even have a binary distribution of
the current mvn repo code (or any version of it).  As far as
installation goes there are some hints in
<http://wiki.apache.org/gump/VmgumpConfig> but not much more.

You really are the only person outside of the ASF who wants to run an
instance of Gump - which is great - and thus our documentation for
installing it is either not existant or missing.  Any help on improving
the docs is very much appreciated.

First of all you need Gump's mvn repository proxy.  Check out
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/mvnrepo/trunk/> and build it
using "ant jar".

The you must set the MVN_PROXY_HOME environment variable inside your
local-env-*.sh to point to the lib directory of your copy of the repo
proxy.

There shouldn't be anything else you need to do.  When you start Gump
the next time it should fire up the proxy (and kill it when done) and
publish all jar and pom artifacts to it as it goes.

Stefan