gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons-configuration fails
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:55:16 GMT
On 2011-02-21, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On 2011-02-18, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

>>> Building project commons-configuration fails:

>>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>> Missing:
>>> ----------
>>> 1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
>>> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

>> This jar is built and installed by the commons-vfs2 project and this
>> works well for the ASF installations.

>> Does commons-vfs2 not build in your environment or have you modified the
>> commons-configuration descriptor?  Is your Gump installation public so
>> that we can see logs?

> commons-vfs2 is build successfully in my environment. The Gump
> installation is not public, but the log file is attached:

> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> Downloading: http://localhost:80/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/17/commons-parent-17.pom

Is there a Maven repository proxy running at this port and does Gump
know about it?

If you are not using the proxy (I'm talking about
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/mvnrepo/>) then
commons-configuration cannot see the jar because it doesn't get
installed locally.

I don't recall the exact reason but I think there was some kind of
dependency cycle that made us put commons-configuration into a separate
local repository so even if commons-vfs2 used the install goal
commons-configuration still wouldn't see it.

Let's check you are sucessfully running the proxy before we try to find
a different solution.

Stefan