gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Problem with collections test dependency
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 02:36:32 GMT

From: "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:00 AM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Problem with collections test dependency

> Digester depends on collections, but fails at run-time because the class
> org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap is not present.
>
> However, the classpath includes commons-collections-3.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
> which should include this class.
> Is there a way to get access to the jar to check its contents?

I thought you had a login account on vmgump.  But anyway:

billbarker@vmgump:~/gump/public/workspace/commons-collections-3.x/target$
jar tf commons-collections-3.3-SNAPSHOT.jar | grep Fast
org/apache/commons/collections/FastArrayList$SubList$SubListIter.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap$CollectionView$CollectionViewIterator.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap$EntrySet.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap$Values.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap$1.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap$Values.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastArrayList.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastArrayList$SubList.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap$CollectionView.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap$KeySet.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap$EntrySet.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastHashMap$1.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastArrayList$ListIter.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap$CollectionView$CollectionViewIterator.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap$KeySet.class
org/apache/commons/collections/FastTreeMap$CollectionView.class

> Is it possible that the test phase is picking up the wrong collections
> jar somehow?

The project commons-collections4 isn't doing an 'install' target, so
shouldn't be overwriting commons-collections.  However the commons-digester
build log shows:

Downloading:
http://localhost:8192/maven2/commons-collections/commons-collections/2.0/commons-collections-2.0.jar
Downloading:
http://localhost:8192/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-velocity/1.1.3/plexus-velocity-1.1.3.jar
566K downloaded  (commons-collections-2.0.jar)

> Is there a way to show the classpath used by Surefire?

Don't know enough about M2 to answer this one.