gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: vmgump2
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:16:54 GMT
On 9/20/10 12:13 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-09-20, Leo Simons wrote:
>> For example did you figure out the wonders of mysql to the degree you
>> wanted to?
>
> More than I wanted to, I'd say.

:)

> If you happen to recall the specifics
> around the "historical databaser"

IIRC the code to make use of the historical database was to go into
dynagump but was never actually written, so I don't see any reason to
run that actor.

> or the dynagump actors

IIRC we disabled dynagump (the java webapp part of it) the previous time
we rebuilt vmgump from scratch -- we weren't actually using it for
anything and no-one was developing on it, and so turning it off made
things (a) just slightly easier, (b) slightly easier to not mess up
security-wise.

> it would be nice if you could referesh
 > my memory - but both work as well as they did
> before (i.e. not at all).

Yeah so I think that's "correct" behavior!

I had some fun trying to dig through the codebase to try and remember
what's what...hoo boy, this certainly isn't how I'd write python code
today :)

Nevertheless I think it may be safe to disable

         # Add Historical Database storer -- ??? no such thing...
         if self.run.getOptions().isOfficial() and \
             self.run.getWorkspace().hasDatabaseInformation() and \
             self.run.getOptions().isHistorical():
             try:
                 import gump.actor.history.historical
                 self.run.registerActor(
                   gump.actor.history.historical.Historical(self.run))
             except Exception, details:
                 self.log.warning(
                   'Unable to register Historical Database Actor :  %s '
                             % details,
                             exc_info=1)

         # Add Dynagump database populator
         if self.run.getWorkspace().hasDatabaseInformation():
             # create the database helper
             dbInfo = self.run.getWorkspace().getDatabaseInformation()
             from gump.util.mysql import Database
             database = Database(dbInfo)

             # now create the Dynagumper using that database
             import gump.actor.mysql.dynagumper
             self.run.registerActor(
               gump.actor.mysql.dynagumper.Dynagumper(self.run,database))

in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/trunk/python/gump/core/runner/runner.py

that may help get rid of some confusing warnings?

cheers,

Leo