gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project dist-xerces (in module xml-xerces2) failed
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:23:58 GMT
On 2010-08-14, Michael Glavassevich wrote:

> Looks like Gump recently changed over to using Open JDK 6 and that causes
> something in the Apache Stylebook to fail.

Yes.  Gump got a new virtual machine an OpenJDK is what you get by
default on Ubuntu 10.4 if you ask for some falvor of Java.

> No one works on that component anymore so don't see how this could be
> fixed (aside from switching Gump over to a JDK which Stylebook
> actually works with). We have no plans to move off of Stylebook for
> generating Xerces' documentation. Perhaps 'dist-xerces' should be
> disabled for now or at least the nag e-mails which are becoming noise
> on our development mailing list.

I don't think we are going to switch to a different Java SDK at the
moment and nothing will magically fix Stylebook, so it would probably be
the best idea to completely remove the project - it will never get
fixed.

Like Bill said, you can modify the metadata yourself - no other project
depends on dist-xerces so completely removing the project-element won't
do any harm.  If you need any help, just ask.

Stefan