gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon for Forrest
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:18:16 GMT
On 2010-06-22, David Crossley wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:

>>> For Forrest, we use Cocoon-2.1 branch (i.e. the Ant-based build)
>>> and various blocks.

>> Is there still any development on the 2.1 branch at all (bug fixes,
>> whatever)

> It is sporadic. There has been some desire expressed on the Cocoon dev
> list to keep maintaining it. However only some commit activity has followed.

>> or would it make sense to consider it stale and just package
>> up the jars Forrest needs?

> Perhaps we could do that until there is further activity
> at Cocoon.

> Would someone please refer me to a useful example of a
> "packaged" gump project.

> Where would the packaged jars be stored?

One of the (many) pain points in Gump.  Currently they are stored inside
svn in a PMC private area - so we don't distribute a few things.  I
think I've added the blocks you need and a cocoon21 project that holds
all necessary jars.

> By the way, so that people are clear. The current Gump run
> happening for "cocoon" is the Maven-based build of Cocoon trunk
> (i.e. Cocoon-2.2)

Which is even more stale than the 2.1.x branch, I've disabled the build
for now

> and there is not yet any Gump run for the "cocoon3".

And added one for cocoon3.

Stefan