gump-general mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Access to Maven settings for BSF Gump build
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:04:07 GMT
sebb wrote:

> On 30/03/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Brett,
>>

>>  Brett Randall wrote:
>>
>>  > In relation to the long-outstanding build failure of BSF:
>>  > http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-bsf3/jakarta-
>>  bsf3/gump_work/build_jakarta-bsf3_jakarta-bsf3.html
>>  >
>>  > I'd like to check the contents of the file
>>  > /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/gump_mvn_settings.xml .  Is
>>  > that
>>  > file publicly available, and/or how can I review its contents?  I'm
>>  > wondering if the Gump local repository location for project builds
>>  > changed in a way incompatible with the BSF/Gump build some time ago.
>>

>> bsf-engines is missing, because it is not deployed.
>
> But it *is* installed as part of the build.xml that downloads the
> engines and runs retroweaver on them - have a look earlier in the
> build output:
>
> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-bsf3/jakarta-
bsf3/gump_work/build_jakarta-bsf3_jakarta-bsf3.html
> <snip>
>
>      [exec] [INFO] [install:install-file {execution: default-cli}]
>      [exec] [INFO] Installing
> /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-engines/target/bsf-
engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> /home/gump/.m2/repository/org/apache/bsf/bsf-engines/3.0-SNAPSHOT/bsf-
engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Yes, but it is not part of the reactor, because it is done "by hand". Maven
does not know that it is produced. Don't know if this has an effect on Gump,
but it's quite suspicious that Gump fails to find this artifact. However,
since Gump tries to build the examples, it will fail later anyway, because
some of the dependend stuiff is no longer available.

>> Therefore it is also missing in the official 3.0 release ...
>
> No, that's because the Maven artifacts were not included in the release
> vote.

OK, this is the wrong list for further comments on this. I have to bite my
tongue.

- Jörg