gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 03:58:21 GMT

From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 12:53 AM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml

> On 2010-03-09, Bill Barker <billwbarker@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Don't think this is going to help.  It's complaining about the
>> installed POM, not the artifact from the mvnrepo proxy.
>
> It's complaining about "Plugin's descriptor" which I guess not to be the
> POM but some sort of descriptor contained withing the jar.

No, it's the POM.  The maven-fortress-plugin runs with a goal of 'install'
against the public local repo, so copies it's POM there as well as the jar
file.  Then M2 running on say excalibur-pool-impl sees it in the local repo,
and thinks it has it already.  It then opens the POM, sees the wrong version
number and throws a hissy fit.

It's possible that restoring the jar, but removing the 'install' goal on
maven-fortress-plugin will trick M2 into getting the proxied POM, but the
built plugin.  I'm still working through how the mvnrepo proxy works, so
this is just a guess.

> The jar itself has been downloaded a few minutes before the build of
> excalibur-pool-impl so the installed version has been provided by the
> proxy.

It shouldn't have been, unless the project that downloaded it used
separateLocalRepository.