gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 06:28:52 GMT

From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:38 AM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml

> On 2010-03-11, Bill Barker <billwbarker@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> If you have any ideas why portals-pluto-trunk can't find it's parent,
>
> It isn't even trying to download it.  Since I don't know enough about
> Maven I can't say why a repository may get disabled, but
>
> [DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
> [DEBUG] portals-pom: using locally installed snapshot
> [DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
> [DEBUG] Using mirror: http://localhost:8192/maven2 (id: gump-central)
>
> sounds suspicios.

Yeah, downloaded the src distro for maven 2.2.1, and it is that it is that
the 'central' repo is disabled for SNAPSHOTs (and it is looking for a
SNAPSHOT POM).  So Maven never asks to get it (even though it is there).
The work-arounds that I've seen are too complex for Gump, and the project is
largely dormant, so for the moment will just let it fail.

Of course, if there are any Maven gurus lurking here with better ideas,
would love to hear them.