gump-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to Maven settings for BSF Gump build
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:27:45 GMT
On 30/03/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
> [...]
>  >>  >>  Brett Randall wrote:
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  > In relation to the long-outstanding build failure of BSF:
>  >>  >>  > http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-bsf3/jakarta-
>  >>  >>  bsf3/gump_work/build_jakarta-bsf3_jakarta-bsf3.html
>  >>  >>  >
>  >>  >>  > I'd like to check the contents of the file
>  >>  >>  > /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/gump_mvn_settings.xml
.
>  >>  >>  > Is that
>  >>  >>  > file publicly available, and/or how can I review its contents?
>  >>  >>  > I'm wondering if the Gump local repository location for project
>  >>  >>  > builds changed in a way incompatible with the BSF/Gump build
some
>  >>  >>  > time ago.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> bsf-engines is missing, because it is not deployed.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > But it *is* installed as part of the build.xml that downloads the
>  >>  > engines and runs retroweaver on them - have a look earlier in the
>  >>  > build output:
>  >>  >
>  >>  > http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-bsf3/jakarta-
>  >>  bsf3/gump_work/build_jakarta-bsf3_jakarta-bsf3.html
>  >>  > <snip>
>  >>  >
>  >>  >      [exec] [INFO] [install:install-file {execution: default-cli}]
>  >>  >      [exec] [INFO] Installing
>  >>  > /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-engines/target/bsf-
>  >>  engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>  >>  > /home/gump/.m2/repository/org/apache/bsf/bsf-engines/3.0-SNAPSHOT/bsf-
>  >>  engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Yes, but it is not part of the reactor, because it is done "by hand".
>  >> Maven
>  >>  does not know that it is produced. Don't know if this has an effect on
>  >>  Gump, but it's quite suspicious that Gump fails to find this artifact.
>  >>  However, since Gump tries to build the examples, it will fail later
>  >>  anyway, because some of the dependend stuiff is no longer available.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Note that it builds happily on Hudson.
>  >
>  > I think the problem is that Gump intercepts repository requests.
>

> No, it is installed to the wrong place - probably because it is done "by
>  hand":
>

>  Installing /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-engines/target/bsf-
>  engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to /home/gump/.m2/repository/org/apache/bsf/bsf-
>  engines/3.0-SNAPSHOT/bsf-engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>

> vs.
>
>  Installing /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-api/target/bsf-
>  api-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to
>  /srv/gump/public/workspace/mvnlocalrepo/org/apache/bsf/bsf-api/3.0-

The command-line parameters are:

install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.bsf -DartifactId=bsf-engines
-Dversion=${bsf.version} -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
-Dfile=${basedir}/target/bsf-engines-${bsf.version}.jar

which are perfectly OK for non-Gump usage.

The command-line maven is not picking up the Gump override for the local repo.
So somehow one needs to tell the nested Maven invocation:

--settings
	/srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/gump_mvn_settings.xml

However, this *only* needs to be done for Gump runs, as the file won't
exist otherwise.

I'll have a look at that.

There's no documentation on M2 command-line options that I could find
- do you happen to know if the --settings value is saved in a maven
property?