gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Advise wanted on build issues
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:51:36 GMT
It looks like most of the problems related to castor-xml wanting to download
an older version of itself are related to portals-pluto's dependency on it.
The current Gump portals-pluto is the 1.0 version (which has been dead for
years).  So one option is to switch it to be a packaged project.   The other
is to change portals-pluto to be the current version (which is the "Gump
way").  But that project is huge, and so would take considerable time to set
up by anyone (such as myself) that isn't familiar with it.

The castor-reactor build wants Maven 2.1, which is probably a good idea to
be running on Gump.  I'm happy to do the upgrade for vmgump (and others, if
granted access to them), but don't know how Maven 2 was installed in the
first place.  I'm guessing it was just downloaded and installed, but if it
was installed by apt then it should be updated the same way.  However, I'm
not holding out hope that this will fix castor.

The lucene-java build is complaining that we have an ancient version of svn
installed.  I'm guessing that this was installed by apt, but it would be
nice to confirm before I try and update it.