gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to depend on legacy projects?
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 04:02:34 GMT
On 2009-09-19, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> JMeter currently depends on some legacy Excalibur modules:

> excalibur-datasource-1.1.1.jar
> excalibur-i18n-1.1.jar
> excalibur-instrument-1.0.jar
> excalibur-logger-1.1.jar
> excalibur-pool-1.2.jar

We used to provide some of them as "packaged projects" until last Friday
when I removed all packages that weren't used by Ant or Maven 1 built
projects.  It shouldn't be too difficult to add them back, but the
effect would be the same as using <work> so I'd say stick with <work>.

> All of these are also available in Maven repos, but JMeter does not
> use Maven to build - is it possible to tell Gump to depend on the
> copies in the repo?

No.  This is really something the build system must do, say via Ivy or
the Maven Ant Tasks, but then it would still require <work> elements
since Ant running with build.sysclasspath=only would ignore any in
build-file <classpath> using the downloaded jars.

> JMeter also depends on jCharts 0.75 and htmlparser,

What Bill said.

Stefan