gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: notification mails for ivy-tests
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:12:01 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I've found the problem:

> It looks like there are 3 Gump runs per day, starting at 0, 8, 16
> hours (PDT).

In theory, yes.

> Only the one starting at 0 hours is currently flagged as "official",
> so AIUI only that one will generate nags.

> Also, if any of the runs last longer than 8 hours, then the next run
> may not take place.

> Looks like there may need to be some adjustment to the run schedule
> to allow for the longer runs

True.  We are currently pretty close to twelve hours, so even
restriciting it to two runs per day wouldn't really solve the issue.
If we keep at runtimes that long, we might be better of marking each
and every run official.

Much of the time is spent doing updates over the network IIRC.

> - and/or some projects perhaps need to be removed?

I'd rather ask infrastructure for more capacity than dropping
projects.  Right now I won't do anything, though, since I'm preparing
for vacation 8-)

Stefan