gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4net on Gump
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 04:50:04 GMT
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> The nant project fails and I'm guessing that Gump is executable a
> fallback behavior to run an previously installed version of NAnt.

No, Gump doesn't do anything like that.  Unfortunately.

Gump picks up NAnt.exe from PATH, that's it.  Even though I've written
(well, pasted together would be closer to the truth) the NAnt specific
code in Gump, I can't remember whether it has ever really been used at
all.  It may very well be possible that it doesn't work as advertized.

> However, Mono just installs a /usr/bin/nant symbolic link which
> would not be invoked if NAnt.exe was invoked.

Why should it?  Running "mono NAnt.exe" should work just fine.

Stefan