gump-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4net on Gump
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:58:01 GMT

On Feb 20, 2007, at 10:50 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The nant project fails and I'm guessing that Gump is executable a
>> fallback behavior to run an previously installed version of NAnt.
>
> No, Gump doesn't do anything like that.  Unfortunately.
>
> Gump picks up NAnt.exe from PATH, that's it.  Even though I've written
> (well, pasted together would be closer to the truth) the NAnt specific
> code in Gump, I can't remember whether it has ever really been used at
> all.  It may very well be possible that it doesn't work as advertized.
>
>> However, Mono just installs a /usr/bin/nant symbolic link which
>> would not be invoked if NAnt.exe was invoked.
>
> Why should it?  Running "mono NAnt.exe" should work just fine.
>
> Stefan

Gump's <nant> builder doesn't seem to exec "mono NAnt.exe", it just
execs "NAnt.exe" which isn't an executable or on the path on a Mono
install (at least on Mac OS/X).  If the builder were changed to just
exec "nant" or a symlink were added that redirected NAnt.exe to /usr/
bin/nant then it would likely get a little further.  On Mac OS/X, /
usr/bin/nant is just a little more complicated than "mono
NAnt.exe" (it sets an environment variable too).