gump-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: packaged projects required for 2 dependencies of commons-jelly-tags-soap
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:13:31 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> it looks like the intention of the developers of commons-jelly-tags-soap
> was to use two distinct saaj jars and two distinct jaxrpc jars,
> one from axis, and one from geronimo.
>
> The project.xml [1] of commons-jelly-tags-soap suggest that the gump
> build could use the jars from axis twice, once for what they are and
> once to replace the jars of geronimo.
>
> I wonder whether it would not be better to download geronimo and to use
> the real jars of geronimo.
>
> I will give a shot at using twice the same jars, not sure whether it
> will work to get a build, and even less sure that this will mean
> anything. [2]

Looking at the dependencies of jelly,
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/trunk/jelly-tags/soap/project.xml

It looks like it needs any one of
  -Sun JAX-RPC 1.3  (v2.0 is built in to Java 6), and is also built in
to the javaee 5 artifact that is in the java.net m1 repository.
  -Axis 1.2 (should be a later one of that)
  -geronimo 1.1
You have to uncomment the one you want; project.xml, ivy.xml and poms
are yet to come to terms with the whole notion of aggregate/bundled XML
specs floating around things

-they also depend on jaxme for javax.xml.namespace.QName, which is built
in to Java5 and so not needed on Gump.

1. we can drop the jaxme dependency as gump is java1.5+
2. if jelly needs a jaxrpc, it should take the Axis1.x branch version,
unless anyone on axis-dev says otherwise.

remember, these are just the interface files, not the implementation. A
build against JAX-RPC 1.3 is all that they want, and they are not going
to get it if they try and build on java6, no matter how hard they try.

-steve