gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gump] Gump running on Harmony!!
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 04:45:26 GMT
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Great news everyone, I've finally managed to get Gump running with
>> Harmony.

cool.

>> The first problem is the lack of "javac" that bootstrap-ant
>> requires.
>>
>> Do we have a solution for that?
>
> How about installing jikes? And doing an 'alias'?

We don't even need an alias since Ant's bootstrap script and <javac>
task will use jikes if you set an environment variable (for the
bootstrap script) or an Ant property.  I think we already do that for
the Kaffe builds on helios.

Stefano, you later mention ecj.  Ant could probably benefit from a
compiler adapter to it so you could set a property in Gump's workspace
and have ant use that on all projects.

The environment variable JAVAC should work for bootstrap.sh as well,
as long as ecj is command line compatible to javac.

Stefan