gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bcel failure
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:05:18 GMT
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

> This requires adding in the gump metadata of projects built with ant
> which are maven dependees the groupId and artifactId of each jar,
> plus the version that maven wants.

version*s* since different Maven projects might ask for different
versions.

What you describe would either require manually updating all
descriptors or making Gump smart enough to parse Maven2 POMs.

In an off-list discussion Steve mentioned an idea to me that may even
be easier to implement:

Create a Web Application that understands Maven's remote repository
layout and point mvn to this webapp as the only available repository
to use.

This webapp would then map the artifact id to the corresponding Gump
jar and serve up the latest artifacts from the current build.  This
way we "only" need to understand the groupId/artifactId mappings but
(1) can ignore the version information completely and (2) don't give
mvn a chance to pull in uncontrolled artifacts at all.

Stefan