gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installing a fresh gump2 yields lots of issues
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:39:09 GMT
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> First of all, installing the 'full gump' run without vmgump
> packages, it's a nightmare, nobody with their sane minds would do
> it.

True.

> Second, while svn doesn't need this, cvs does require the anonymous
> user to login if the password is not empty... which means, again,
> that without vmgump's .cvspass, it would be hell.

I thought all our repository information contained passwords for CVS
and at least the "old" Gump would create .cvspass files itself (it's
not as if CVS used some string encryption for that file).  Doesn't it
do that anymore?

>  - jmock: cvs repo seems to be no longer available
>  - cargo: svn: URL
>  'svn://svn.cargo.codehaus.org/cargo/scm/cargo/trunk' doesn't exist
>  - groovy: /home/projects/groovy/scm: no such repository

are known issues, but we are using the official URLs you get from each
project's website.

> - directory-naming: svn: URL
>  'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/naming' doesn't
>  exist
>  - geronimo: svn: URL 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk'
>  doesn't exist -

no idea what the Gump-correct URL would be.

There are other repositories that are broken as well: xstream,
javassist, eyebrowse and beanshell.

Problem with "stable" Gump as opposed to "trunk" Gump is that it
doesn't get flagged as a problem, so I usually look at helios to see
whether we have problems the repo information.

smartfrog was/is in the process of migrating from CVS to svn and I'd
consider the current problem transient - read, Steve is going to fix
it once the migration is done.

Stefan