gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gump] Gump running on Harmony!!
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 04:26:38 GMT
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Geir Magnusson, Jr. <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> We use ECJ all the time from our ant scripts - there's no need for
> anything special for ant, IIRC - just drop the ecj.jar into the
> ant/lib and set it as the compiler.  I can forward an example if
> need be.

Ok, in a Gump context that means you'd need to treat ecj.jar the same
way as tools.jar in a Gump run on a Sun VM.  And you must set the
build.compiler property.

> Our javac (like all of our tools) is a binary executable launcher
> that invokes our VM that uses ecj, which I don't think solves
> your...  wait - gump is python right?

That doesn't matter much.

For the projects running Ant a combination of ecj.jar and
build.compiler will do fine.  But for the shell script bootstrapping
Ant and some of the projects which fork an external compiler Gump will
need a javac like executable.

Stefan