gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Maven2 builds
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:34:51 GMT

"Brett Porter" <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9e3862d80611132213t29a16e0exafbe14a6647d5fd5@mail.gmail.com...
> On 14/11/06, Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote:
>> It's more expertise than time :).  I could probably pull the time
>> together
>> for a custom repository or repositoryManager, but not enough to learn M2
>> well enough to know which I would need :(.
>
> I'm jealous :)
>
> I'll happily dedicate the time to walk you through and answer
> questions (hopefully prodding us to improve our API/architecture
> documentation on the way). I just don't have a whole lot of contiguous
> chunks to sit down and do the rest.

Ok, then let's start with the simple stuff :).  What interface(s) do I need
to implement, and how would I tell M2 to use my widget instead of it's?  At
least this way, I can read the javadocs and get far enough along to actually
know what I want to ask.  With my extremely limited knowedge of M2, I can't
tell if it's a repository, an artifact manager .....

And, I come from a project (Tomcat) that has some of the worst API
documentation at the ASF ;-).