gump-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Ivy in Gump
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:18:04 GMT

as I add Ivyness to my code, I need a current version of Ivy on the
system. Presumably once the SVN migrate is complete, we can have
SVN_HEAD up and running.

There is an ivy project, but it is defined by ant contrib

   <project name="ivy">
     <jar name="lib/ivy/jars/ivy-1.3.1.jar"/>
   </project>

For this week, I'm defining a private smartfrog Ivy distro that looks
the same, only more current, for my own projects to use.

   <project name="smartfrog-private-ivy">
     <jar name="antbuild/ivy/lib/ivy-1.4.1.jar"/>
   </project>

Once Ivy is ready, we will be able to add real descriptors and take this
away -and presumably the one in ant contrib. The transition from 1.3.1
to SVN_HEAD may break things, especially if tasks or the antlib URI move.

Ivy won't do any classpath setup under gump, but the publishing can be
used for sharing other artifacts. I don't know if there are any race
conditions in things like <buildnumber>or other bits of repository
setup; we shall have to see. And yes, have to consider isolating the
various gump runs that all go on in the same VM.

-steve