gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Installing a fresh gump2 yields lots of issues
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:18:07 GMT
Hi gang,

I'm in the process of installing a fresh new gump run on a dual x86-64
machine running Ubuntu and I've run into some issues.

First of all, installing the 'full gump' run without vmgump packages,
it's a nightmare, nobody with their sane minds would do it.

Second, while svn doesn't need this, cvs does require the anonymous user
to login if the password is not empty... which means, again, that
without vmgump's .cvspass, it would be hell.

I think it would be nice that the gump metadata included distribution
URLs for the packages (not just their location on disk!) and if it also
included the username/password for anonymous cvs checkouts.

btw, the gump run is currently located at

 http://67.86.14.213:10000/gump/

and it currently run's with Sun's JVM (because I still can't build
Harmony for x86_64 :-/)

Besides the missing .cvspass, the run indicated a few metadata issues,
namely:

 - jmock: cvs repo seems to be no longer available
 - directory-naming: svn: URL
'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/naming' doesn't exist
 - groovy: /home/projects/groovy/scm: no such repository
 - geronimo: svn: URL 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk'
doesn't exist
 - cargo: svn: URL 'svn://svn.cargo.codehaus.org/cargo/scm/cargo/trunk'
doesn't exist

and

 - smartfrog: No such repository [smartfrog] in workspace on [smartfrog]

this one I think it's a metadata misconfiguration.

Comments? suggestions?

--
Stefano.