gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Gump PMC Report 09/2006
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 03:26:54 GMT
Infrastructure:

* During the past weeks we've repeatedly run into disk usage problems,
  we are slowly but steadily outgrowing the resources provided by
  vmgump.  We'll shortly engage in a discussion with the
  infrastructure team to see, what our options are.

* We've informed osuosl and the infrastructure team that we'd like to
  give back gump.osuosl.org.

Technical:

* Maven2 support hasn't improved during the past quarter.

  To tell the truth, we don't have any people actively developing
  anything right now, so we don't expect this to change unless anybody
  jumps in.

  Gump is more and more moving into the direction of a pure
  infrastructure/service type of project with a handful of people
  maintaining it.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing since Gump's
  code is pretty stable and - except for Maven 2 support - does what
  it is supposed to do.

* All CVS locations for sourceforge projects have been fixed by now.

Other:

* still all Apache committers have access to metadata in svn.

* no releases.