gump-general mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject The Status of Clarus
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 23:20:50 GMT
Folks,

You may have noticed (or not) that Clarus has not been doing its Gump
runs for a week or two. The issue was that both of the drives that
make up the RAID-1 Gump sits on suddenly went out of commission,
without any notice or warning. This is not supposed to happen, and is
exactly the reason those drives are mirrored. However, when I visited
the colocation facility last week, I shut the box down, pulled and re-
seated these drives and they are now once again available. The fact
that they can up and disappear like this is kind of scary, but I'm
glad they are not actually broken.

So, Gump runs are now back on Clarus, running at the same times as on
vmgump except using gump/trunk.

Results as always available at http://clarus.apache.org/

S.