gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: <javac> on java1.5
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:23:01 GMT

"Steve Loughran" <stevel@apache.org> wrote in message
news:44228100.3010009__9171.7958603569$1143112003$gmane$org@apache.org...

> Now that Gump has switched to java1.5, its showing up some problems in
> javac.
>
> Specifically, it appears to be defaulting to source=1.5
>
> This breaks junit addons

This isn't as big of an issue as it looks from the "Issues" page.  It mostly
affects Cocoon, which won't build anyway since it requires Maven2.

While it would be nice to have a System.property for this, just to clear out
the dead projects that don't care about Java5 (since they are dead :).  The
truth is that it won't really raise the numbers much.  Gump's real losses
right now are to M2, not to Java5.