gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Gump on MacOSX
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:57:21 GMT

"Sander Temme" <sctemme@apache.org> wrote in message
news:76D26F03-615A-4A26-B1DE-6D9FE85348FC@apache.org...
> Hello all,
>
> When vendors donate hardware, I think it's a nice reciprocation if we
> make sure that our software runs on it.
>
> In that spirit, I have set up Gump (I think) on a dual CPU Xserve;
> results are here: <http://clarus.apache.org/>. Yay, a successful run!
> However, where vmgump boasts 768 projects, I get 18, of which only  five
> succeed.
>
> So far, I have:
>
> * Checked out https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/trunk/ into
>   a local directory
> * Set up GUMP_HOME and JAVA_HOME in cron/local-env-clarus.sh
> * Copied metadata/minimal-workspace.xml to clarus.local.xml
> * Installed a new Python 2.4.2 in /usr/local/python-install \
>   /2.4.2 symlinked to current in the same directory, and
>   prepended /usr/local/python-install/current/bin to my PATH
> * Run ./gump run until it stopped bitching about missing Python
>   modules (any way to get a list of those up-front?)
> * Enabled the bundled MySQL 4.1.x on the box, created the
>   database but haven't generated tables or set up access yet,
>   so it looks like Gump is simply not using it.
> * Set and exported JAVA_HOME in my environment
> * Set and exported GUMP_PYTHON in my environment since it
>   seemed to fall back explicitly to pyton2.3 and I installed
>   2.4.2.
>
> I suppose the next step would be to embellish my local-env-clarus.sh  and
> that clarus.local.xml file I copied. What does the vmware box run  with?
> Any suggestions on where to look/expand first?

Well, if you change the <profile /> tag in clarus.local.xml to:
  <profile href="profile/gump.xml" />

you should start to see the 768 projects.  You also haven't mentioned if
you've installed Maven.  You'll need that (version 1.0.2 unless you don't
care about high failure rates :), as well as MAVEN_HOME defined and
$MAVEN_HOME/bin on the PATH.