gump-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bringing up Gump on Java1.5
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:22:01 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 01:42:33PM +0000, Steve Loughran wrote:
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> You may have missed it, but vmgump is now running Java 5. 8-)
>> I see now that that is the case. Me must be grateful for at least some
>> benefit coming from JUnit 4.0
>>
>> Expect some newly added smartfrog projects to start failing shortly. I
>> have quite a complex little dependency graph to put together and it till
>> take a while to stabilise
>>
>> I'm still interested in a vmware image with gump on though, if anyone
>> does have one to hand. "gump to go"
>
> It should be easy enough to take the vmgump image. Some issue there with
> eg /etc/shadow and /etc/passwd. I think the people that can do that are
> me, Noel Bergman and Berin Lautenbach. I have -10hours of sleep a week
> at the moment so it'l be a while before I get to this...

Is it already a vmware image? hmmm.

FWIW there is a trick to making a physical winXP system virtual; you do
a network backup with a boot CD, then boot the CD in the VM and restore
your network backup to the vmware world. Don't do this for win2000+
domained boxes, cos the domain controller doesnt like >1 box with the
same UUID.