gump-general mailing list archives

From "Steve" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Is Gump the obsticle?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:02:28 GMT

Incompatible version changes arise from:

   (a) development errors

   (b) planned version change typically flagged
       by a major version identifier increment

The first is something we want to trap while the second is something managed
and intentional. Gump does a good job of identifying and reporting errors
related to (a) but it is weak with respect to supporting managed change
arising from (b).

> It might be a nice feature to be able to create a
> packaged-foobar just from the metadata, without having to get
> Stefen involved with downloading the jars himself.  Maybe
> something for Gump 3.

Yep - good suggestion!

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen McConnell