gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: New Repository location?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 03:19:45 GMT

"Paul Smith" <psmith@aconex.com> wrote in message
news:70363A27-0A89-491C-8BF2-20B27D0111B0@aconex.com...
> Hi peoples, happy NYE.
>
> The log4j Chainsaw project is starting to use the JmDNS project
> (SourceForge project, ASL). I can't see any example in the gump meta- data
> of any other project using that package, and am unclear how to  define the
> repository for it  (or work out if it's already  defined).   I'm not sure
> if adding a repository is a privileged  operation.

Nope. Pretty much anybody (or at least any ASF commiter) can do it ;-).
However, for SF you usually don't need to set up a new Repository:  Just use
the sourceforge one that's already there.

First you need to check out the Gump metadata:
  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata

The cd to metadata/project, and create the jmdns project file.  I find it
easiest to start with one of the existing SF projects (e.g. junit) and go
from there.  Then cd ../profile and add your new project to gump.xml.  Check
your stuff in, and Gump will pick it up and try to build it on the next
round.