gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:20:39 GMT

"Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote in message
news:87fypv7tjg.fsf@www.samaflost.de...
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
>
>>   --> support for maven2 in gump2
>>       --> I'm not going to work on it
>
> I'd offer to do a monkey-see-monkey-do support if it is not too
> different from maven 1 support.  In general I agree that gump3 is the
> way to go and that we should do it properly.
>
> It depends on how quickly we are going to need it.  As soon as
> projects in our tree switch to Maven2 exclusively, we will at least
> need that quick-hack version.

I believe that both the Maven1 and Maven2 scripts use $MAVEN_HOME, which is
the biggest problem with just creating a <mvn/> tag for Gump2.  There are
also problems with separating the local Maven repository between Gump1 and
Gump2.  As much as I hate to admit it, having a <mvn/> tag in Gump2 looks
like it will be a lot of work :(.