gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r330729 - /gump/metadata/project/struts.xml
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:39:18 GMT

"Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote in message
news:877jbob3ky.fsf@www.samaflost.de...
> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, <billbarker@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Reverting the last few commits, since they don't help
>>
>> Modified: gump/metadata/project/struts.xml URL:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/gump/metadata/project/struts.xml?rev=330729&r1=330728&r2=330729&view=diff
>>
>>      <depend project="commons-validator" />
>> -    <depend project="commons-jelly-tags-ant" />
>> -    <depend project="commons-jelly" />
>> -    <depend project="commons-jexl" />
>> -    <depend project="commons-collections" />
>> -    <depend project="dom4j" />
>> -    <depend project="packaged-jaxen" />
>>      <depend project="httpunit" />
>> -    <option project="jakarta-cactus-framework-12" />
>> -    <option project="jakarta-cactus-integration-ant-12"/>
>>      <depend project="jakarta-oro" />
>
> Bill,
>
> the problem is that even if the build needed those projects, Maven
> will ignore them unless the project descriptor mentions those
> dependencies as well.
>
> I'm not sure, but I guess that some change in xdoclet now requires a
> newer version of dom4j than the one shipping with Maven.
>
> This implies the Maven build of struts-taglibs actually works at all,
> I never tried it.

It works with the older xdoclet fine.  I haven't had a chance to try with
xdoclet-HEAD yet.

It shouldn't be too hard to patch Gump so that <maven /> works on Windows.
Maybe even get verbose="true" and debug="true" to work as well.  Then I can
play with this locally and see if I can isolate what the problem is.