gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 (was Re: Maven 1.1)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:32:10 GMT
On 11/19/05, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> Maven is in the center of the developers for a project (they type "mvn"
> and not "gump") so what these people want to author is a POM. Gump should
> read that POM and understand it.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain where I was coming from. Maven does
transitive dependencies. Even when you take the versioning out of it,
it still needs to traverse the projects to get the correct list. So
this is fine as long as it hits Maven projects, but when it finds a
dependency without a POM, then it needs to be able to parse whatever
is given to figure out the dependencies of that.

> Maybe we should just try it and see how far we get.

Yep, I think I can make an attempt at it. But for now, sleep.

- Brett