gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:08:28 GMT
I'll be more specific.

If M2_HOME is set, then that is where the main libraries are located
from (its the install directory). You can run without it, eg
/some/random/install/bin/mvn and it will use /some/random/install as
the home directory.

For ~/.m2 - the default location of settings.xml is
~/.m2/settings.xml, and the default local repository cache is
~/.m2/repository. The repository can be changed inside settings.xml,
and settings.xml can be in either the maven installation, or passed in
with --settings. So ~/.m2 is optional.

In other words, everything can be changed at the command line.

- Brett