gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:05:28 GMT
On 11/17/05, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> One thing that bothers me with Maven 1 from a Gump point of view is
> that I don't have any way to override jars that come bundled with
> Maven unless projects declare a dependency on them.

That's the same in m2, but its what you want as things are truly
separated (maven's are maven's, each plugins are their owns, the
project gets exactly what it declares). In m1 everything was shoved in
together.

> A few projects run tests without declaring a dependency on junit at
> all, and even if they did, I'm not sure where our jar would be used -
> just to compile the tests or also when the test plugin executes them?

Tests are run in an isolated classloader, so you have to declare a
junit dependency on the project.

> From what I read above this is going to become worse with an installed
> version of Maven 2.  So yes, any plan that allows us to really use the
> HEAD/trunk versions of Maven and all stuff Maven uses is very much
> appreciated.

This should be possible now.

- Brett