gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r330729 - /gump/metadata/project/struts.xml
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:56:11 GMT
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote:
> "Bill Barker" <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote in message
>>
>>> I'm not sure, but I guess that some change in xdoclet now requires
>>> a newer version of dom4j than the one shipping with Maven.
>>>

> Yup. This is the problem.  Just your garden variety
> NoClassDefFoundError.

The version of dom4j that Maven 1.0.2 uses is quite old - some
prerelase of 1.4.  Maybe we could upgrade to Maven 1.1?

> And I can't seem to find a way around it.

Not without help from the POM writers, they'd need to depend on dom4j
explicitly.

> At this point, I'm just going to have to say that struts-taglib will
> never build ever again unless the struts-taglib developers want to
> get involved in Gump to fix it :(.

We should probably add a packaged version of it, then.  That way we
don't harm upstream projects.

Stefan