gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Maven 1.1
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:10:26 GMT
On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 06:28:28AM +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We actually started validating the project.xml files. Some people
> > have a lot of random content in there that was previously silenty
> > ignored.
> >
> > Maybe its worth considering them a failed build for the purposes of
> > Gump so that they update it?
>
> If it wasn't the excalibur project, maybe.
>
> You may not have noticed it, but before I destroyed vmgump the only
> project still depending on the old Avalon codebase was James - since I
> don't find a replacement for meta-tools in Excalibur.  All other
> dependencies, in particular commons-logging's dependency on framework
> and logkit have been migrated to the Excalibur maintained versions.

I'm sure the james people would love to hear about the stuff that's
keeping them depending on the old avalon codebase. Either we migrate
that to excalibur or into james or they stop using it :-)

> On the other hand - unless Leo jumps in - I'm afraid that the
> Excalibur community doesn't care about Gump that much and we'd be left
> with a build tree that is only building around 50% or even less "just"
> because Maven started to validate the descriptors.

Actually, someone's looking at changing the excalibur build to use maven
2. That pretty much means tree detoriation anyway. We're going to start
seeing that all over apache as projects migrate to maven 2.

cheers,

LSD