gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Gump3 Presentation
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:54:48 GMT
On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 11:49:35AM +0200, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Really, Leo?
> I thought LGPL is ok and GPL not.
> Ok - usually I try not to rely on non-ASF-licensed code. ONE license is
> the best (over
> a couple of).

Heh. Don't ask me for authoritive details. Talk to Cliff Schmidt (our VP
legal).

Depending on your interpretation of the LGPL and the Apache License, code
under these licenses can be used together without the AL code falling under
the LGPL license. The ASF recently switched interpretation to one where
this mixing and matching is possible for java code, too.

However, the ASF doesn't like to ship software for which parts of that
software which are needed for it to function are under terms more restrictive
than the AL (which is the case when you have a non-optional LGPL dependency).
So we have a policy in development (I don't think its ratified yet) to somewhat
constrain such a thing.

- LSD