gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Gump PMC Report for Q3 2005
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 04:02:45 GMT
Dear Board

below is our report for next week's meeting.

Cheers

        Stefan

Infrastructure:

    * we are using vmgump and our zone at helios, we managed to get
      Mono on vmgump and Kaffe on helios working well enough to get
      reasonable results.

    * gump.osuosl.org is still more or less dormant because we
      couldn't find the time to install a Gump instance there.

    * metadata have been moved to svn, we are a svn-only project now.

Technical:

    * Work continues on Gump3. It is slowly and steadily progressing
      into a codebase that does useful stuff.

Other:

    * Brett Porter has been added to the PMC.  It was about time.

    * still all Apache committers have access to metadata in svn.

    * no releases.

    * our two Google SoC projects finished with results that we are
      quite happy with.  On the other hand we feel we didn't manage to
      involve the students with the community as we wanted to do.  The
      reasons for this are not totally clear to us - having at least
      three PMC members (Leo, Adam and Stefan) go through major
      changes IRL hasn't helped.