gump-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jaxme
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:11:56 GMT
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 06:09 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > the original plan was to try to run two gump builds until the
> > mavenised one was debugged. however, since the original run is no
> > longer running very well, i suppose that there may be an argument
> > for biting the bullet and moving now.
>
> I wouldn't expect the Maven run to work any better or worse than the
> Ant one, so go ahead if you feel like it.
>
> The main problems we have with mavenized projects in Gump are
>
> (1) artifact-Id mismatches
>
> (2) projects depending on Maven plugins that are not (yet) installed
> on the Gump machines.
>
> The second point somewhat bothers me since we have a few builds that
> don't run just because a plugin that we wouldn't use for our builds is not
> installed.  But that's just me disagreeing with Maven's worldview 8-)

i agree that this is a little bit bothersome.

i wonder whether it's not so much a problem with the worldview as a
lacking feature. i don't know how to specify plugin dependencies for a
maven build (so they could be automatically downloaded). without this
feature, the build is not truly automatic or replicable.

- robert