gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jaxme
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:09:26 GMT
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:

> the original plan was to try to run two gump builds until the
> mavenised one was debugged. however, since the original run is no
> longer running very well, i suppose that there may be an argument
> for biting the bullet and moving now.

I wouldn't expect the Maven run to work any better or worse than the
Ant one, so go ahead if you feel like it.

The main problems we have with mavenized projects in Gump are

(1) artifact-Id mismatches

(2) projects depending on Maven plugins that are not (yet) installed
on the Gump machines.

The second point somewhat bothers me since we have a few builds that
don't run just because a plugin that we wouldn't use for our builds is not
installed.  But that's just me disagreeing with Maven's worldview 8-)

Stefan