gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump presentation
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:36:30 GMT
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Thomas <hodden@hotpop.com> wrote:

> And email it's just a mater of administration I have a scanner so I
> can sign the document and send a scanned copy by email. That way it
> dosen't cost me anything and It will go much faster.

Thomas, where do you live?  Quite a few of us Gumpers are "officers"
of the ASF and can accept/record your CLA - and then take care of
getting them to the secretary.  I'm in Germany for example, if you
need somewhere in Europe for "speed" reasons.

> The question is if apache accepts scanned copies of the orginal but
> since they take faxed copies there shouldn't mater and it comes down
> to the administrative part.

Just what I said.  The ASF probably would, but courts - who understand
the concept of FAX by now - still have a hard time to accept images
received by email, even by digitally signed emails.  At least that's
what I've been told.

Stefan