gump-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Next JAXME issues
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:58:20 GMT

and ClassLoader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7b7072
> javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Failed to resolve resource jaxb.properties via path org.apache.ws.jaxme.test.misc.defaults
and ClassLoader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7b7072
> 	at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:221)
> 	at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.ws.jaxme.junit.DefaultValueTest.testDefaults(DefaultValueTest.java:55)
>
> I have added build/jm/jaxme/test/src to the system classloader
> (everything in Gump is on the system classloader and ant is configured
> to ignore any build-file internal classpath settings) but that doesn't
> seem to help.  Is JaxMe expecting a specific classloader setup?

Stefan,

I am sorry, but I must admit that I am completetly lost here, with one
minor exception: build/jm/jaxme/test/src is wrong. This should be
build/jm/test/jaxme/src. However, we did not change anything on the Ant
scripts since quite some time, so I doubt that this will fix the problem.

Looking into JAXBContext, line 119, I see the following code:

     ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
     if (cl == null) {
       cl = JAXBContext.class.getClassLoader();
     }

 From the few experiences with Gump, I would assume that the context
class loader is null. Hence, the JAXBContext class loader should be
used, which is almost definitely the system class loader. And, indeed,
Launcher$AppClassLoader sounds very much like that.

So, to me everything looks right. But the error message sticks ...

Jochen