gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Gump3 Presentation -- choice of technology
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:53:30 GMT
On 18-07-2005 15:33, "Thomas" <hodden@hotpop.com> wrote:
> If I don't get around this cocoon problems I have I'll start a new
> presentation application (not dyngump) with J2EE and Struts.

I'll chuck in 2 cents: I don't want "J2EE". Servlets+Struts+other stuff like
velocity is potentially nice, but please no EJB or JNDI or any of the other
J2EE stack. Most of it is crap :-)

> like to hear what you have to say, if I missunderstud something with
> cocoon or if I'm just giving up to easy. But I want to get som results
> now and I feel that cocoon is one step to big to take at the moment to
> get where I whant.

Ok. I'd appreciate if you could go into some more detail (and a little more
concretely) on what you tried to do with dynagump that you were unable to
get to, what you tried to get there, and how you figured out what to try,
etc. That'll be very useful feedback to the cocoon people, and it means you
won't have "wasted" your time :-)

Cheers,

Leo