gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Getting gump to send email
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:39:17 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> I have a gump running, and have configured nag emails however these are
> not being delivered.

I presume you added a <nag/> to the workspace.

> I suspect that mail delivery doesn't work as it has not been configured,
> however I cannot find any docs within the manual or faq to describe how to
> switch the email sending on.

>From http://wiki.apache.org/gump/BrutusConfig:

<workspace name="brutus-public"
        basedir="/usr/local/gump/public/workspace"
        jardir="/usr/local/gump/public/jars"
        pkgdir="/usr/local/gump/packages"
        logdir="/usr/local/gump/public/results"
        logurl="http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public"
        mailserver="mail.apache.org"
        email="brutus@gump.apache.org"
        version="0.4">

> Given the IP address of an MTA, what steps must I take to get emailing to
> work?

Have you set the mailserver and email properties?

After that your next step would be to turn on --debug and digest the
extended output.

hope that helps!

cheers,

Leo