gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Controlling access to metadata
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:59:11 GMT
> Henri has now created a group in the authorization file that contains
> all people from the apcvs group on minotaur.  This one is bound to get
> out of date when new accounts get created.

Yeah, stale is bad.

> I'd suggest we restrict the list to all people who've committed to
> Gump's metadata so far and extend it on request.

Agreed. It isn't a huge barrier for folks to ask the first time. That said,
who has rights to modify it? Can the Gump PMC members who are ASF members do
it w/o needing to bug infrastructure@? I'd hope so.

Also, is there any way we can have some notice grab first time committer's
attention? Some ASF_COMMITTERS_READ_ME.txt in the root, or something. Or, is
there a way to get some notice given upon commit failures?

regards

Adam