gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r180173 - in /gump/branches/Gump3
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:33:34 GMT
On 06-06-2005 01:22, "ajack@apache.org" <ajack@apache.org> wrote:
> 1) added -b --do-builds (defaults to FALSE, like --do-updates, for initial
> devel)

Do you think we should have a "stage" abstraction or something like that,
ie, will there be many more --do-blah-blah? If so, we might want to have
this

 gump run --stages=build,update,generate-docs

I'm not sure we want this, just an RT :-). Or maybe what we really want is

 gump run-build
 gump run-update
 gump run-doc-generation

Which delegate to the "run" option with some specific options.

> 2) Fixed Dynagumper workspace description crash (if none)
> 3) Avoid floating point crash when no statistics to display

That's a great example of something that I hacked together too quickly and
should've tested more properly. While I appreciate you cleaning up some of
my mess, you can also just slap me on the fingers :-)

> Modified: gump/branches/Gump3/pygump/main.py
> +    parser.add_option("-b",
> +                      "--do-builds",
> +                      action="store_true",
> +                      dest="do_build",
> +                      default=False, # Default to NOT. At least during
> initial development...
> +                      help="run builders")
> Modified: gump/branches/Gump3/pygump/python/gump/config.py
> -    # by contract, rmdir always needs to go before mkdir!
> -    from gump.plugins.dirbuilder import RmdirBuilderPlugin
> -    plugins.append(RmdirBuilderPlugin(config.paths_work))
> -    from gump.plugins.dirbuilder import MkdirBuilderPlugin
> -    plugins.append(MkdirBuilderPlugin(config.paths_work))
> +    if config.do_build:
> +        # by contract, rmdir always needs to go before mkdir!
> +        from gump.plugins.dirbuilder import RmdirBuilderPlugin
> +        plugins.append(RmdirBuilderPlugin(config.paths_work))
> +        from gump.plugins.dirbuilder import MkdirBuilderPlugin
> +        plugins.append(MkdirBuilderPlugin(config.paths_work))
>
> -    buildlog = get_logger(config, "plugin.builder")
> +        buildlog = get_logger(config, "plugin.builder")
>
> -    from gump.plugins.builder import ScriptBuilderPlugin
> -    plugins.append(ScriptBuilderPlugin(config.paths_work,buildlog))
> -    from gump.plugins.java.builder import ClasspathPlugin
> -    plugins.append(ClasspathPlugin(config.paths_work,buildlog))
> -    from gump.plugins.java.builder import AntPlugin
> -    plugins.append(AntPlugin(config.paths_work,buildlog))
> +        from gump.plugins.builder import ScriptBuilderPlugin
> +        plugins.append(ScriptBuilderPlugin(config.paths_work,buildlog))
> +        from gump.plugins.java.builder import ClasspathPlugin
> +        plugins.append(ClasspathPlugin(config.paths_work,buildlog))
> +        from gump.plugins.java.builder import AntPlugin
> +        plugins.append(AntPlugin(config.paths_work,buildlog))

You know, the lack of lots of new lines of code here is real cool! Adding a
new build option and updating the behaviour surrounding that option is very
neatly localized. I'm guessing it didn't take you ages to figure out how to
do this. Cool!

> Modified: gump/branches/Gump3/pygump/python/gump/engine/__init__.py
> +            import pprint
> +            pprint.pprint(domtree)

I'm guessing you didn't mean to commit that.

- LSD