gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Mutliple gump workspaces on VMs
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:38:42 GMT
On 01-06-2005 17:43, "Adam  Jack" <ajack@mric.coop> wrote:
> Thinking about this, what are the pros/cons? Why would we want to maintain
> multiple operating systems (and disk copies of operating systems) to segment
> these workspaces? Just to keep the compilers separate, and stop bleed? So
> much is shared (http/cvs/svn/Maven, etc. etc.) that I wonder if this is
> worth it, but it might be.

I think so. I think we can share a /data drive and otherwise keep things
rather separate. It should actually be more performant. It means one gump
misbehaving doesn't affect another one. Etc etc.

> What are folks thoughts?

It might be too much work right now. I want to move to a situation where its
actually feasible to install gump profiles and migrate them across hardware.

> BTW: I'm about to add a JIRA entry to restore Kaffe, and others.

Thanks!

I'm not going to be of much help until Sunday. I've set up accounts on
captainfantastic, all that remains to be done is to copy
.ssh/authorized_keys into the right homedirs (which are under /Users on the
mac). Ie along the lines of:

 scp -r minotaur.apache.org:~bodewig/.ssh \
   captainfantastic.osuosl.org:~bodewig

LSD