gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I get a copy of a file created during xml-xalan2-smoketest?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:26:51 GMT
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>      This Xalan-J smoketest problem shows up in a custom task that
>      we define (using "taskdef") in our ant build file.  Our ant
>      build file specifies both classpathref and bootclasspath
>      attributes on references to this custom task using paths
>      created within the build file, and the custom task builds a
>      CommandlineJava object that it uses to create another JVM
>      within which to run a test.  When the smoketest is run by the
>      Gump build, my patch simply copies through the existing
>      bootclasspath setting using the value of the
>      sun.boot.class.path property.

If you look into Ant's CVS HEAD code, you'll see that bootclasspath
handling in CommandlineJava has become more sensible.  I.e. it will
now create -bootclasspath arguments correctly.

>      Does your comment about Ant "ignoring all other classpath
>      settings" apply to the classpathref and bootclasspath
>      attributes we've specified on our custom task?

No, but to CommandlineJava.  When you create the command line,
build.sysclasspath makes CommandlineJava ignore your refs.

>      If so, that's not the behaviour we're seeing.

Are you creating bootclasspath settings directly (i.e. create the args
yourself)?

Maybe we should try a simple ant.build.clonevm="true" first.  Ant HEAD
only feature.

Stefan