gump-general mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Gump Wiki] Update of "Drafts/BoardReports/20050622" by LeoSimons
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 08:38:39 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Gump Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by LeoSimons:
http://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20050622

The comment on the change is:
fill out some blanks and dot some i's

  Infrastructure:

-     * we've moved off of Brutus and now spread over three (virtual) machines.  vmgump.apache.org
is a VMWare instance on Loki(?), gump.zones.apache.org a Solaris zone on helios and gump.osuosl.org
a MacOS X server of the Oregon State University that we can use . Many Thanks!
+     * we've moved off of Brutus and are now spread over three machines.  vmgump.apache.org
is a VMWare instance on Loki, gump.zones.apache.org a Solaris zone on helios and gump.osuosl.org
a MacOS X server of the Oregon State University that we can use. Many Thanks!

      * vmgump will become our primary machine for now, we are slowly progressing to the state
of stability we had on brutus.

+     * the other instances are not yet fully up and running.
+
  Technical:

-     * please fill in some details on Gump3.
+     * Work continues on Gump3. It is slowly and steadily progressing into a codebase that
does useful stuff.

  Other:

@@ -16, +18 @@

      * still all Apache committers have access to metadata in CVS.

-     * no releases
+     * no releases.

-     * please fill in some details on SummerOfCode
+     * There are three proposed Summer of Code projects for Gump, all focused on Gump3 development.
Mentors include Scott Sanders, Adam Jack and Leo Simons. Since Gump is one of the few python-based
projects in the programme, we expect some of these will be successfully followed up on.